Humana is one of the largest providers of health insurance in the United States. Humana no longer offers individual medical health plans, but they do offer products and services for businesses. Humana group health insurance is available for small and large businesses and some of the specific group medical plans include Canopy, Simplicity and HDHP.
While Humana is no longer on state health insurance exchanges that were created by the Affordable Care Act, under the ACA insurance providers are still required by law to provide a level of coverage for mental health care and substance abuse treatment.
Humana offers behavioral health coverage through Humana Behavioral Health. Behavioral health coverage includes mental health and substance abuse treatment and care.
Does Humana Cover Drug and Alcohol Detox?
According to Humana, their behavioral health program can help address specific issues including anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder. Humana coverage also includes alcohol and drug abuse in some cases.
The Humana Behavioral Health subsidiary coordinates the behavioral health benefits program for Humana.
When an addiction treatment and detox center is part of a preferred provider network, as may be the case with The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake, they will cover at least some of the costs of drug and alcohol detox.
Other Humana coverage may include inpatient care, outpatient care and aftercare services.
If The Recovery Village Palmer Lake qualifies as an in-network provider for your health insurance, that means the amount you’ll be responsible for paying will be less than if you went to an out-of-network provider.
Benefits Offered from Humana for Addiction Treatment
Humana Behavioral Health Services include:
- Helping policyholders learn more about the participating network of behavioral health providers which includes individual providers and programs for mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Coordination of treatment and services, including coordination of hospitalization if needed
- Humana’s Behavioral Health Services coordinators will work as patient advocates to help coordinate care
- The coordinators from Humana Behavioral Health Services can help answer any questions policyholders may have about their behavioral health
Depending on an individual’s policy and coverage, Humana may cover some of the costs of:
- Inpatient addiction services including detox
- Outpatient services including intensive outpatient care and ongoing outpatient care
- Aftercare services including medication management and counseling or therapy sessions
- Treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders that occur along with substance use disorders in many cases
Many plans and services require pre-authorization for addiction treatment including inpatient detoxification and acute inpatient psychiatric care.
Will Humana Cover My Entire Stay for Addiction Treatment?
The specifics of what Humana covers include the type of addiction treatment programs and how long coverage will extend toward that program depend on individual variables including the program and the type of Humana coverage a patient has.
With in-network coverage, the patient will likely be responsible for paying less out-of-pocket than they would with an out-of-network provider. However, the deductible and copay requirements and the specific amount of coverage varies based on the individual Humana policy someone has and the state they live in.
Find Out More About What My Humana Insurance Plan Covers
The Recovery Village Palmer Lake works with many of the nation’s major insurance providers. Our staff can complete pre-enrollment paperwork and determine how much of a financial contribution you may be expected to make based on your Humana health plan.
The admissions team at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake can review your insurance program and contact Humana or your insurance company on your behalf to determine coverage and what you can expect covered.