Addiction often goes hand in hand with mental health issues, and when two conditions co-occur, specialized treatment options are the most effective route to a full recovery.
At The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake, we offer patient-centered treatment programs that empower individuals to recover from co-occurring disorders.
Identifying Co-Occurring Disorders
Because many individuals with co-occurring disorders use drugs or alcohol to manage their psychiatric symptoms, these mental health issues may go undiagnosed for years. A complete medical and psychiatric evaluation can help to identify these disorders and determine the most effective course of treatment.
Listed below are a few traits and behaviors that may point to a co-occurring disorder, or dual diagnosis, in someone who is misusing drugs or alcohol:
- Avoidance of friends, family, or social situations
- Frequent feelings of hopelessness, despair, or worthlessness
- Unfounded fears and suspicions
- Obsessive or bizarre thoughts and beliefs
- Compulsive behaviors and rituals
- Extreme mood swings or emotional outbursts
- Attempts at self-harm or suicide
- Compulsive use of drugs or alcohol, in spite of the negative consequences
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
The most effective therapeutic tools for addressing a dual diagnosis include individual psychotherapy, behavioral modification therapies, psychiatric medications, and recreational or experiential therapies. Group therapy, self-help groups, and family counseling help to reinforce relationships and establish a strong social support network.
At The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake, we know making the decision to get help may not have been an easy one, especially if you are dealing with depression or anxiety disorders. Our caring team will help facilitate the admissions process to make it easier for you or a loved one to get the help you need.
- The Recovery Village Telehealth App
- Drug and Alcohol Detox
- Inpatient Rehab
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Aftercare Planning
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Multidisciplinary Approach
- Outpatient Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Medical Detox
- Family Programs