Overcoming a substance use disorder is never easy, but a better life is worth the effort. With outpatient addiction treatment, those struggling with drugs or alcohol can understand the roots of their addiction, address any contributing mental health conditions, and set the stage for healing and recovery. Depending on individual needs, some may participate in outpatient care on its own, while others undergo it as a step in a full continuum of treatment.
The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake is a premier drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility located in beautiful Palmer Lake, Colorado. Through customized care plans, evidence-based therapies and a broad range of comfortable amenities, the center helps clients heal in both body and mind. And because the inpatient and outpatient programs aim to address the whole person — not just addiction — The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake offers specialized treatment for those with co-occurring conditions like anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and more. By addressing the roots of addiction and undergoing a complete continuum of care, our outpatient treatment center can help make healing possible.
What Is Outpatient Treatment?
An outpatient rehab program provides clients with access to professional addiction treatment while living off-site in a sober living community or supportive home environment. Colorado outpatient care gives clients the unique opportunity to build a life of recovery while testing out their newly learned coping skills.
While the services offered at all Colorado outpatient clinics vary, outpatient programs at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake include:
- Regular physician visits
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- 12-Step and Back to Basics programming
- SMART Recovery care
- Treatment for anxiety, depression or other co-occurring disorders
- Access to an exercise gym, volleyball court and basketball court
- Outdoor exercise opportunities
- Recreational therapies like yoga, and drama (when deemed medically appropriate)
To ensure that programs are tailored to each client’s progress, needs and desire for flexibility, outpatient care at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake is available in three forms:
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): This level of care offers a smooth transition from an inpatient or partial hospitalization program to outpatient treatment. Depending on clinical recommendations and personal comfort, clients may live at home or move to an off-site housing environment. Individualized counseling, support group meetings, medication management and reflection continue on a full-time basis.
- Acute Outpatient Care: Less intensive than IOP, clients undergoing acute outpatient care spend the majority of their day participating in structured reflective activities and therapy at the facility. They return home at the end of the day to a sober living home or other supportive environment.
- Flexible Care: Flexible care allows clients to create their own treatment schedules. This allows many to go back to their normal responsibilities, like work, childcare and domestic duties. Increased accountability gives those in recovery the chance to test, evaluate and adjust their new coping skills when needed, helping reduce the risk of relapse.
While some patients participate in outpatient treatment at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake without receiving other levels of treatment, most partake in it as a step in a complete continuum of care. This allows clients to gradually transition from structured and intensive care to a flexible environment where they can practice their new skills and build resilience in real-world situations.
Several levels of care precede outpatient treatment as part of this continuum, including:
- Medical Detox: Clients rid their bodies of toxins, drugs and alcohol in a safe, medically supervised environment. For those who only undergo outpatient care and have been using substance for an extended period of time, outpatient detox may be necessary before beginning treatment.
- Residential Program: During this stage of care, clients begin to participate in individual and group therapy at The Recovery Village Palmer Lake. Days are spent reflecting and healing through treatment and recreation. Participants live in the facility full time with 24-hour nursing supervision and support.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): A step down from residential treatment, clients in PHP undergo full-time, intensive treatment during the day and return to a sober living house or other supportive home environment at night.
At The Recovery Village Palmer Lake, we understand that everyone’s recovery process is different. Whether you take part in a multi-level treatment program or only undergo outpatient care, we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Who Does Outpatient Rehab Benefit Most?
Drug and alcohol addiction recovery is a difficult process, but it can be especially challenging when living outside a residential treatment center or sober living home in the beginning of sobriety. Because of this, outpatient care is usually best for those who have already participated in residential care as part of a full continuum of treatment. Following structured, intensive inpatient care, the flexibility and freedom of outpatient programming gives clients the opportunity to practice some of the skills they’ve learned at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake in personal and professional settings, while still providing a supportive safety net to work through any challenges or setbacks.
While most clients undergo outpatient treatment as part of a full continuum of care, some exclusively receive outpatient treatment. For these clients to be successful, they must be in stable condition, show mild symptoms of addiction, and be willing to actively participate in a recovery program. It can be difficult to fully devote oneself to recovery when only receiving treatment for a few hours every week while living at home, so these clients must be particularly focused and committed to sober living.
We can help answer your questions and talk through any concerns.
How to Find an Outpatient Rehab Center Near Me
If you’re searching for a Colorado outpatient clinic, countless treatment options exist across the state. The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake is a full-service rehab facility that offers comprehensive medical detox, inpatient, partial hospitalization and outpatient care. If you live in the state, undergoing treatment at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake could give you the space you need to heal while allowing you to stay within a few hours of your family, friends and other support networks. For those outside Colorado looking for the chance to get away, The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake can provide the perfect scenic respite from the people, places and pressures that may influence addiction.
Outpatient Drug Rehab Clinics
Outpatient drug rehab is one of the best courses of treatment for those who have already undergone more intensive stages of rehab care or struggle with mild symptoms of drug addiction. Those exclusively partaking in outpatient treatment may need to undergo outpatient detox before beginning a program. Once all drugs and alcohol are removed from the body, the real work of recovery can begin.
Outpatient care at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake helps clients manage addictions and dependencies to most major classes of drugs, including:
- Opioids (codeine, fentanyl, hydrocodone, Lortab, Vicodin, etc.)
- Opiates (heroin, opium, morphine, etc.)
- Stimulants (cocaine, meth, Adderall, Vyvanse, etc.)
- Benzodiazepines (Klonopin, Xanax, Valium, etc.)
Using evidence-based methods, addiction specialists at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake create outpatient substance abuse treatment plans that meet each individual’s needs and recovery goals. Each plan includes a combination of individual and group therapeutic methods, recreational therapies and self-reflection strategies to encourage growth, resilience and coping abilities.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Alcohol is one of the most addictive and easily accessible substances available in the United States and across the world. Since it’s an ingrained part of most social events and celebrations, nearly anyone can fall victim to alcohol dependence, or worse — addiction. Fortunately, a variety of treatment options exist, including outpatient alcohol treatment. These programs help people stop drinking and stay sober while affording them the freedom to maintain their personal and professional responsibilities.
Whether you undergo outpatient alcohol rehab on its own or as part of a larger treatment program, care typically begins with inpatient or outpatient alcohol detox. During this process, people may experience painful and potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms as alcohol leaves the body. Because of this, it’s important that detox is undergone in a safe environment under the supervision of medical professionals.
Once the detox process is complete, clients begin treatment. During this period, participants spend a set number of hours every week undergoing treatment at a treatment facility. Clients schedule therapy sessions, group discussions and treatment around daily duties, so they can continue to take care of their families, maintain their work schedules and tend to personal commitments. At The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake, each outpatient alcohol rehab plan is tailored to the individual’s schedule, treatment goals and medical needs.
Outpatient Therapy for Mental Health
An outpatient program is often most effective when it takes the whole person into account, not just the symptoms of substance use disorder. Because substance abuse and mental health issues often go hand in hand, it’s crucial to address both conditions simultaneously. That’s why outpatient treatment at The Recovery Village Palmer Lake always includes outpatient mental health services for co-occurring disorders when necessary. Whether you need help with PTSD, anxiety, or depression, an outpatient mental health clinic like The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake can help.
Outpatient behavioral health care at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake includes a variety of evidence-based treatment methods, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy. These and other outpatient mental health services help clients better understand the roots of their substance use and mental health issues, improving their chances of successful recovery.
Individualized Outpatient Rehab
If you or someone you love is struggling with a substance use disorder, consider the benefits of outpatient care at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake. With compassionate staff, evidence-based therapies and recreational opportunities, we set the stage for healing and hope. Whether you’re just looking for outpatient services or are interested in a full continuum of care, we’re here to help. Reach out today to learn more about our personalized detox, inpatient, partial hospitalization and outpatient programs.
The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.